VERDESO® (desonide) Foam, 0.05% is a corticosteroid indicated for the topical
treatment of mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis in patients 3 months of age and older.
Click here for Full Prescribing Information for VERDESO® Foam.Important Safety Information Regarding VERDESO® (desonide) Foam, 0.05%
- Treatment should not exceed 4 consecutive weeks as the safety and efficacy of VERDESO® Foam has not been established beyond 4 weeks of use.
- VERDESO® Foam has been shown to produce reversible HPA axis suppression. Systemic effects of topical corticosteroids may also include manifestations of Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, facial swelling, glycosuria, withdrawal syndrome, and growth retardation in children.
- Pediatric patients are at greater risk for HPA axis suppression and Cushing's syndrome when treated with topical steroids.
- The most common adverse reactions observed in clinical trials were upper respiratory tract infection, cough, application site burning, headache, viral infection, and increased blood pressure. In post-marketing reports, the most common adverse reactions were application site irritation followed by application site erythema.
- Do not dispense directly on the face. Avoid contact with the eyes or other mucous membranes.
- The propellant in VERDESO® Foam is flammable. Avoid fire, flame, or smoking during and immediately following application.
Click here for Full Prescribing Information for VERDESO® Foam.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Almirall, LLC at 1-866-665-2782, or the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.